Although Intel teased its 9th Gen Core CPUs for gaming laptops just last month, details regarding the same were not revealed. Also up until this point, any spec related info was also very scarce but now the basic specifications of the new CPUs have been leaked. The leaks are the courtesy of a Chinese user on Baidu forums.
The leaks shed some light on the specifications of the upcoming Coffee Lake-H Refresh (CFL-HR) chips. The chips are outfitted with Intel’s Gen 9.5 graphics solution which might indicate that the chips are fabricated on Intel’s 14nm process. The Coffee Lake H Refresh SoCs are also expected to feature UHD Graphics 630.
Specifications : Core i9-9980HK & Core i9-9880HK
- The Core i9-9980HK possesses an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. The base clock is 2.4 GHz and has beastly 5GHz single-core boost and 4.2GHz all-core boost.
- The Core i9-9980HK has a 2.3 GHz base clock and an impressive 4.8GHz single-core boost and 4.1 GHz all-core boost.
- Both the variants have eight Hyper-threaded cores and 16MB of L3 cache.
Specifications : Core i7-9850HK & Core i7-9750HK
- Both variants of the Core i7 have the same base clock of 2.6 GHz.
- The Core i7-9850HK reportedly has a 4.6 GHz single-core boost and 4.1GHz all-core boost. Whereas, the Core i7-9750HK has 4.5 GHz single-core boost and 4.0 GHz all-core boost.
- Both the variants have six Hyper-threaded cores and 12MB of L3 cache.
Specifications : Core i5-9400HK & Core i5-9300HK
- The Core i5-9400HK has 2.5 GHz base clock compared to 2.4 GHz of the Core i5-9300HK.
- The Core i5-9400HK reportedly has a 4.3 GHz single-core boost and 4.1 GHz all-core boost. The Core i5-9300HK, on the other hand, has a 4.1 GHz single-core boost and 4.0 GHz all-core boost
- Both the variants have four Hyper-threaded cores and 8MB of L3 cache.
Razer Gaming laptops Vulnerable to Malware Attack
Intel Steals Another AMD Lead for its Visual Technologies Team
All the new CPUs adhere to a 45 W TDP (thermal power design) and will be making their way to all the top-tier gaming laptops in the second quarter of this year.