Watch Dogs: Legion’s online mode is finally online, more than 4 months after its launch. Ubisoft’s open-world hacker-shooter (?) was one of the few cross-gen games that came out during the launch of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Here are the new additions to the Watch Dogs Legion online experience:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London’s threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
In addition to the online mode, owners of the game’s season pass will also get to play 2 new missions:
- Guardian Protocol: DedSec will track down an algorithm that shows that AI can sometimes override human decision. If this algorithm was to be used in weaponized drones… they would have power over life and death.
- Not In Our Name: DedSec discovers a secret group using their name in London, working under the orders of a ruthless tabloid owner, who uses information stolen by this group to blackmail his notorious victims and gain power in the city.
The french developer also revealed that more content is on the way for fans of the franchise, as on March 23rd the first 4-player co-op mission, called “Leader of the Pack,” will become available.
The online mode of the first Watch Dogs game played with an interesting concept, but couldn’t manage to rise above it with an interesting gameplay loop. Here’s hoping Legion’s online mode is actually fun to play, as the base game’s Play-as-any-NPC’ mechanic was surprisingly well realized. Watch Dogs Legion is out now on PC (Ubisoft Connect, Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PS4 and PS5.