Asus has been a pioneer when it comes to making gaming laptops with high refresh rate displays. Now, once again they have stepped-up their game and unveiled the world’s first gaming laptop with a ridiculous 300 Hz display (read: you can get an insane 300 FPS without tearing), the ROG Zephyrus S GX701. But, Asus isn’t the only one with a 300 Hz laptop in the market, Acer has also unveiled its Predator Triton 500 with, you guessed it, a 300 Hz display. Both these laptops were showcased as IFA 2019 which is currently underway in Berlin.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX 701 Specs
- Let’s first talk about the ROG Zephyrus S GX701 which we’ll be referring to as the GX701. It is powered by Intel’s Core i7-9750H 6 core processor, up to 32 GB of DDR4 2666 MHz RAM and an NVMe SSD.
- The LCD screen boasts a response time of 3 ms GtG (Gray to Gray) and Asus says that this display will also make its way to the 15-inch and 17-inch ROG Strix Scar III as well as a prototype ROG Zephyrus S GX502.
- The GX701 will have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 to help you reach that high FPS in lesser demanding games. The company says that in Turbo mode, it can go up to 1230 MHz at 100W.
- The prototypes of the Strix Scar III and GX502 will have an RTX 2070 which, in Turbo mode, can go up to 1540 MHz at 115W. All of these machines will support G-Sync variable refresh rate.
Acer Predator Triton 500 Specs
- In the opposite corner, we have the Acer Predator Triton 500 which will be powered by either an Intel Core i7-8750H or i7-9750H processor, up to 32 GB DDR4 2666 memory and up to 2 x 512GB PCIe 3.0 in RAID 0.
- The GPU options will start from a GeForce RTX 2060 and go up to a 2080 Max Q. The Triton 500 will have a 15.6-inch 1080p display with 300 Hz and 3 ms GtG response time.
Pricing and availability
The GX701 will hit the shelves in October while the Triton 500 is expected to arrive in December. The pricing for the GX701 hasn’t been revealed but you’ll be able to purchase the Triton 500 starting at $2,800 which roughly translates to 2 lakh+ INR.