Acer has been at the forefront when it comes to value-for-money laptops for home & office with its up-to date hardware and evolutionary design. With Intel rolling out its 11th Generation Core processors, Acer went all out to become the first in India to introduce laptops with the latest Intel hardware.
Acer has introduced the new updated 11th Generation Core processors into 5 new laptops — Swift 5, Swift 3X, Swift 3 (13.5″ & 14″) and Aspire 5. Intel’s 11th Generation Core processors come with new and upgraded iRIS Xe integrated graphics along with support for Intel’s latest EVO platform.
Also Read: Acer Unveils its First Chromebook With Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, New Swift 3X and More!
- Design: The Acer Swift 5 features a magnesium-aluminium and magnesium-lithium alloy body and tips the scale at around 1kg. The light-weight build of the Swift 5 also features anti-microbial coating, after all, you can’t be too cautious in these trying times.
- Display: All-new Swift 5 boasts of 90% screen-to-body ratio with its 14″ FHD touchscreen display covered in Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass that resists the growth of the microorganisms. The narrow bezels, 340 nit brightness and 100% sRGB colour gamut should make multimedia consumption delightful.
- Other features: The Swift 5 also boasts of a bunch of port options available for fast data transfer despite rocking a slim design — USB Type C, Thunderbolt 4 and USB 3.2 Gen 2. 11th Gen SoCs from Intel also claim to have boosted battery life by increasing the efficiency and the Swift 5 can now perform for 17 hours according to the company. The hinge mechanism to has been designed to aid typing experience on the keyboard by lifting and slightly tilting the base of the laptop.
- Design: The Swift 3X takes the hardcore route with base-lifting hinge design and dual heat pipes for better thermal efficiency and to facilitate prolonged heavy usage. Acer’s Swift 3X also benefits from USB 3.2 Gen 2, USB Type C, HDMI 2.0 and Thunderbolt 4 ports while trying to keep bulk to a minimum.
- Display: Swift 3X features a 14″ FHD IPS display with 84% screen-to-body ratio and featuring 72% NTSC colour gamut for immersive photo and video viewing. Software tricks like Acer ExaColor and Color Intelligence promises to reduced eye strains and improve colours.
- Other features: The Swift 3X also sports a 58.7Wh battery which the company claims is good for 17.5 hours and also has room for fast charging (4hours of use in 30minutes). Wireless networking includes 2×2 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 AX) and Bluetooth 5.1.
Acer’s Swift 3 design comes in 2 variants — Swift 3 (SF313-53) and Acer Swift 3 (SF314-59). Both the variants feature 11th Gen Core processors with iRIS Xe integrated graphics and support for Intel EVO platform. Sleek metal design, backlit keyboard, up to 1TB PCIe Gen 3 x 4 SSD memory and WiFi 6 (Gig+) abilities are also common in both models. Windows Hello is also available through onboard fingerprint sensor which also aid security.
- Swift 3 (SF313-53): This is the smaller of the two variants sporting a 13.5″ display with a 3:2 aspect ration for 18% more vertical room. The display benefits from 100% sRGB colour gamut and up to 400 nits brightness. The metal alloy based laptop is 1.19kg in weight and measures 15.95mm in thickness which complements its on-the-go nature. The battery is good 16 hours and also features fast charging (4hours of use in 30minutes).
- Swift 3 (SF314-59): The larger model flaunts a 14″ FHD display with 5mm thin bezels with an 82.73% screen-to-body ratio. Despite its larger screen size, this laptop retains a sleek 15.95mm thickness and weighs in just at 1.2kg.
Aspire range with it’s lower price tag ensure a lower entry point into Intel’s latest range of Core processors retaining Acer’s great VFM proposition. Aspire 5 also runs on dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX350 discrete graphics.
Display duties are taken care by 14″ IPS panel with Acer’s Color Intelligence and Acer BlueLightShield for an enhanced viewing experience.
Acer’s Aspire 5 prioritizes performance with a base-lifting hinge to aid circulation. At 17.95mm, the Aspire 5 is slightly thicker than its Swift brothers but comes in multiple colour option and a metal body.
Aspire 5 also features dual-band Wi-Fi 61 (802.11ax) which claims to improve throughput by upto 3x while reducing latency by 75% compared to previous gen WiFi 5. Aspire 5 also offers upto 1TB M.2 PCIe SSD and up to 2TB HDD for handling storage duties.
Prices for Acer Swift 5 starts at Rs. 79,999.
Prices for Acer Swift 3X and 3 starts at Rs. 79,999 and Rs. 69,999 respectively.
Prices for Acer Aspire 5 starts at Rs. 54,999.
Acer’s 11th Gen Intel Core processor powered laptop will be available on Acer’s e-store from 1st week of November.
Very well written and organized.