As long as you’re familiar with Bethesda’s RPGs like Skyrim or Fallout, you probably know that modding is a big deal in these titles. So much so that many people buy them solely to try out the millions of mods available over at NexusMods. But there’s a special area in modding considered as taboo by the mainstreamists, something you might not be familiar with- adult modding. Sex-mod frameworks (dubbed Skyrim Sexlab) offer a whole range of 18+ adult mods to satisfy your wildest fantasies in Tamriel, and the best part- these sex frameworks or mods are free and available for pretty much every Bethesda game!
In this post, I’ll be explaining how to set up Skyrim Sexlab for the game’s Special Edition. Now first things first:
- Skyrim Sexlab is a complex mod with almost a thousand animations (1K sex animations!), so I’d recommend first trying it out with an unmodded copy of Skyrim to avoid any CTDs or conflicts
- The files I’m attaching in this guide will only work with the Special Edition of Skyrim, and not the older 32-bit one
- The link provided in this guide has the basic sexlab mods. If you would like to try out the more uh…lets say ambitious ones, you can visit Loverslab and check them out
- None of these mods have been created by me. I’m merely combining and re-uploading them for convenience. Credits go to the original authors.
With that out of the way, lets discuss the mods I’ve integrated into this package.
Included Sexlab Mods:
- SexLab Light SE 0.1.1: The bare minimum required to run the sexlab framework
- FNIS: Fores New Idles in Skyrim- the mod that started it all. Originally it was meant to add custom animations to Skyrim like better idle poses for characters, improved walking/running animations and even dance moves. However, it helped shape many other mods, including the Sexlab framework
- XPMSSE: Required for Sexlab and SoS mod. Adds an HDT skeleton for better physics, bouncy boobs and butt-jiggle. No no, don’t laugh, you are reading this after all. We’re in this together!
- UNP: Better female bodies. Not essential, but it’s worth it mainly because of the 4K textures and better meshes (by better I mean curvy)
- Schlongs of Skyrim Light SE: Yeah…It’s basically a dick system, simply put. I’ll leave the detailed explanation to the official mod page
- Abduction SSE: This mod makes the conclusion of quests more interesting letting you abduct, enslave, capture and even adopt NPCs
- Spouses Enhanced v1.7.3: Does exactly what the title says. Enhances your married life in Skyrim 😉
- SexLab Enchantress: Use magic to charm your way into the pants of most NPCs. Keep in mind though, there is a skill check and at first you might not be able to utilize it for every character. Go to the college of Winterhold to become an archmage and gain some levels in illusion spells. That or you could just practice on easier targets first.
Not included but recommended, read mod description for mod details and dependencies:
And yes you can use a mod manager to install them.
Skyrim Sexlab: Installation Instructions
The installation is pretty straightforward:
- Extract the archive (at the end of this article) into your Skyrim directory, so as to merge the two data folders.
- The next step is regarding FNIS and has to be executed every time you install or uninstall a mod that relies on FNIS. In this case Sexlab.
- Go to to your Skyrim Installation directory (for example D:/Games/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim Special Edition), and from there to Data/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users.
- Start the FNIS generator GenerateFNISforUsers.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR (part of FNIS Behavior SE, and ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, or NOTHING works)
- Select necessary “Available Patches” (ONLY those you need! See section “Patches”) from the bottom part of the generator window
- Click “Update FNIS Behavior”
- To check if new animation mods can cause problems: press the “Consistence Check” button
When you exit GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, you will be asked if a shortcut to the tool shall be created on your desktop. Select “YES” (STRONGLY recommended – you will need the generator quite frequently).
Oh and before I forget here’s the download link to the archive. Extract it to your Skyrim directory and fire up the game to experience Skyrim from a new perspective (God I hope that sounds better than it does in my head!).