If you read our article the other day and expected a fully stable Android 10 update for your smartphone on the 3rd of September, you’re in for a bit of a melancholic surprise. Though OnePlus didn’t launch the stable Android 10 OTA update, they did publish an Open Beta for the same! So if you just can’t keep your phone in your pants till the stable update, you finally have some cause for celebration!
Obviously, this open beta will still be quite a few steps away from being the most stable version of the software on the market. But OnePlus’ track record for stable beta releases is quite impeccable so you should give this a shot if you can! You might face compatibility issues with certain apps, but that’s because app developers haven’t optimised their products to the latest software version.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Gaming Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display（Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display
- Now block by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Be sure to take a complete backup of your phone’s data before undertaking the Beta update process. OnePlus has stated very clearly that flashing a stable update after this open beta will result in the user losing his/her data.
Useful Links and Instructions
Here is OnePlus’ official guide to flash the firmware. All the files you need to download for the Android 10 update will be linked in this forum post! Happy flashing!