- THQ Nordic has acquired the IP for Kingdoms of Amalur
- The deal also covers the acquisition of the Amalur
THQ Nordic announced that they have acquired the IP for Kingdoms of Amalur from 38 Studios. The deal also covers the acquisition of the Amalur which is based on the abandoned MMORPG project, “Copernicus”.
The acquistion is being handled by THQ Nordic AB which is based in Karlstad, Sweden, and the daily operations are to be done via THQ Nordic GmbH based in Vienna, Austria.
Below is an overview of the last released game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, via THQ Nordic:
About Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, a new role-playing game set in a world worth saving. Build the character you’ve always wanted and continuously evolve it to your style of play with the revolutionary Destiny system. Choose your path and battle through a master-crafted universe featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.
- Release date: February 10, 2012\
- SRP: USD/EUR 19.99
- Genre: Action, RPG
- Metacritic Score: 81 (accessed on September 5th 2018)
- Steam reviews: 87% positive (all reviews, accessed on September 5th 2018)