Steam Hardware Survey: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 2070 Gain, Radeon RX 580 & GTX 1070 also in Green (May)


    Steam just released the monthly hardware survey for the month of May, and from the look of things, NVIDIA’s RTX Turing cards seem to be going strong. All four 20-series cards gained notable shares in May, with the RTX 2060 and 2070 responsible for the bulk of it. The former saw an increase of 0.14%, while the latter rose by 0.10%. The higher-end RTX 2080 (+0.04%) and 2080 Ti (0.05%) unsurprisingly saw lesser adoption by gamers.

    Steam Hardware Survey

    The older Pascal cards mostly stayed stagnant, with the exception of the GeForce GTX 1070 which jumped by +0.15%, making it the fourth most popular video card on Steam. On AMD’s side, it was a mixed sight. The Radeon RX 580 was positively received (+0.10%), but the rest of the red GPUs either lost part of their user-base or didn’t see much of an activity.

    Steam Hardware Survey

    Intel vs AMD on Steam


    NVIDIA GeForce RTX Super Specs Allegedly Leak Out, Launching in June

    AMD Might Launch 5 Radeon Navi Cards Based on the RDNA Architecture

    Steam Hardware Survey

    One of the few areas unaffected by the Ryzen storm is the PC gaming market. Intel continues to be the de-facto vendor with 82% of the market-share leaving AMD with the remaining 18%. This is something that should change with the coming of the Ryzen 3000 lineup, as they are expected to come with notably higher single-threaded and gaming performance.

    Summary: GeForce GTX 1060 still on Top

    Overall, the dynamics didn’t change much in May, and the GTX 1060 continues to be the most popular graphics card among PC gamers. As for the CPU, more than half of the users now own a quad-core chip clocked between 3.3 to 3.7GHz. Lastly, the memory and storage are pegged at 8GB and 1TB for the majority of Steam gamers.

    Steam Hardware Survey

    Read more:

    Leave a Reply