Professionals in the IT
Professionals like those working as Windows Server Administrators must understand that Microsoft keeps updating their Windows Server systems. This is because of the need to meet the
If you already have a certification related to the older Windows Server versions like 2008 or 2012 R2 and want to upgrade your administrator skills, then this article is for you. Your dream of becoming MCSA: Windows Server 2016 certified is now possible, thanks to the popular Microsoft 70-743 exam. Let’s talk more about this test and the reasons why you need to pass it.
Microsoft 70-743 exam and its target audience
Candidates who may be interested in taking 70-743 exam are those whose job is to implement the core architecture services of the Windows Server 2016. However, you will be eligible to pass this test only if you have one of the credentials below:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 R2
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
It means that instead of having to take three different exams required to earn the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, and 70-742), these candidates will only take one exam that combines all of them.
Objectives of Microsoft 70-743 exam
These are the topics and tasks to master if you want to pass your 70-743 test:
- Windows Server installation in the host and compute environment
- Implementing Windows-based containers, storage-based solutions, high availability, and Hyper-V
- Implementing DNS (Domain Name System), remote access, and network connectivity
- Implementing network architecture, identity federation solutions, and access solutions
- Configuring and installing AD DS (Active Directory Domain Services)
Details for Microsoft 70-743 exam
The associate-level 70-743 exam consists of 40-60 questions. You’ll have to answer all of them within around 120 minutes. As you take your exam, you may come across questions coming in different types. These are hot area, multiple-choice, review screen, case studies, short answer, best answer, build list, drag-and-drop, and more. You’ll receive your results immediately after you submit your answers. You must attain a certain mark to qualify. In the case of 70-743 exam, the passing score is 700 points (or more) out of the possible 1000. To take the test, you’ll have to pay a fee of $165.
Reasons to pass Microsoft 70-743 exam
Going for this associate-level Microsoft exam is the right thing to do if you want to earn an updated Microsoft certification. Here is what happens once you pass this test:
- You become MCSA: Windows Server 2016 certified.
- You upgrade your skills. This will enable you to perform tasks in the Windows Server 2016 environment that you couldn’t perform before.
- You stay relevant in the job market.
- You retain your job and/or get a promotion since with your new skills, you remain useful to your employer.
- You increase your chances of finding well-paying jobs like Network Administrator, Computer Systems Administrator, and Windows Server Administrator. These are positions that can earn you a salary of up to $124,000 as per ZipRecruiter.
- You become eligible for the MCSE: Core Infrastructure certification. You’ll have to pass only one exam to get to this expert-level credential.
Preparing for Microsoft 70-743 exam
To pass your exam, you’ll have to spend some good amount of time and energy preparing for it. You’ll also have to invest in the best study tools that will bring you success. For Microsoft 70-743 exam, you can use tools such as eBooks, training courses, video courses, practice exam questions, and practical labs. Through the PrepAway website, some of these tools have now become easily accessible to you. PrepAway allows you to download resources for exam prep that include video lectures, study guides, and practice exam questions. These tools are up to date and offer you an experience geared towards making you ready for your exam. Start preparing for the test with these study materials!
Updating your skills can be beneficial to you in many ways. It’s necessary that you take the required step