Oneplus CEO Pete Lau has recently confirmed that the company will be launching their upcoming ‘flagship killer’ OnePlus 7 series of phones on May 14th at 11:00 a.m. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer is all set to launch not one but two devices. These devices are namely the Oneplus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro.
While the OnePlus 7 is expected to be an incremental update over the existing OnePlus 6T, it is the OnePlus 7 Pro which is going to create quite a stir in the existing flagship space. Here’s everything the leaks and rumors have revealed about both the devices so far.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ONEPLUS 7 PRO:
- Design: Bezeless all-screen design with a motorized pop-out front camera, similar to the one on the Vivo Nex S.
- Display: 6.6-inch or 6.7-inch Optic AMOLED Quad HD+(3120×1440) curved display with 90 Hz refresh rate.
- Internal Specs: Snapdragon 855 paired with 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM.
- Storage: 128GB,256GB.
- Rear Camera: Triple camera set-up comprising of a 48-MP main shooter with f/1.6 aperture. The third lens will most likely be an ultra-wide angle camera.
- Front Camera: motorized pop-out front camera similar to the Vivo Nex S.
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Connectivity: 5G/LTE (One of the first mainstream smartphones to bring 5G support)
- Price: €749 to €759 (Approx Rs. 58,000)
KEY FEATURES OF THE ONEPLUS 7:
- Design: All-screen design with minimum bezels and a teardrop notch, very similar to what the current OnePlus 6T looks like.
- Display: 6.4-inch Optic AMOLED FHD+(2340×1080) flat display.
- Internal Specs: Snapdragon 855 paired with 6GB/8GB of RAM.
- Storage: 128GB/256GB.
- Rear Camera: Dual camera set-up comprising of a 48-MP main shooter with f/1.6 aperture. The second lens will most likely be a 5-MP depth sensor.
- Front Camera: 16-MP with f/2.0 aperture.
- Battery: 3700mAh
- Connectivity: LTE
- Price: €549 (Same as the OnePlus 6T)
Though the specs of the Oneplus 7 might not seem as flashy as that of the OnePlus 7 Pro, it won’t be a bad phone by any means as it has almost everything that made the OnePlus 6T great along with some major improvements in the processor and camera. Also being priced similarly to the OnePlus 6T, the regular variant of the OnePlus 7 will be sticking to OnePlus’ ideology of providing flagship phones at an affordable price point.
However, we can already be sure that the highlight of the May 14th launch event will be the Oneplus 7 Pro as the device truly has some noteworthy features such as a Quad HD display with 90Hz refresh rate, motorized pop-out front camera, up to 12GB of RAM, a curved screen, etc. With a price tag of €749 (approx Rs. 58,000), this phone will be going against the likes of the Apple iPhone XR and Samsung’s Galaxy S10e.
But with features like an IP rating (for dust and water resistance) and wireless charging missing from the spec sheet of both the variants, will the latest ‘flagship killer’ from OnePlus be able to slay the existing flagships or will it get slayed by the flagships of goliath brands that reign supreme at the top of the food chain? Let us know what you think in the