The latest update for Warhorse studio’s critically acclaimed RPG, Kingdom Come Deliverance was released just a few hours ago on all major platforms. On PC, this update/patch weighs 11 GB and brings a slew of improvements across the board.
One of the main features of update 1.4 for Kingdom Come Deliverance on the PC is the HD audio and texture pack. HD Audio is available for all available languages and as for the textures don’t expect any major changes as the new ones are barely 5-6 GB so there should be no groundbreaking visual improvements. The patch also adds new hair and beard mechanics. Players can change their hairstyles in bathhouses, and this apparently will give them a charisma boost.
Easter eggs have also been added to the latest version of Kingdom Come Deliverance, and you can now kill your defeated opponents without any weapons. This mechanic called mercy kill, now allows for a more subtle way to conclude quests, without any need for um, shedding blood…
Some glitches caused certain NPCs to die or disappear, now they are back from the afterlife to take revenge for any wrongdoings you might have done against them, and Warshorse has also added a real Czeck Easter-themed weapon called “Pomlázka”.;
In total 200 bugs have been fixed in update 1.4 for Kingdom Come Deliverance, but I suspect some are still there, though I’m fairly certain that they’ll be patched soon enough. This makes you wonder if they should’ve delayed the game or not. I mean there are so many features in this game that are half-asses, especially the romances.
Patch notes for Kingdom Come Deliverance version 1.4:
- New Hair and Beard mechanics.
- Customize your style in bathhouses and gain extra charisma with freshly cut hair.
- Unarmed mercy kill added for a more “subtile” way to solve quests.
- Real Easter eggs added. The hunt for the golden egg can begin!
- Traditional Czech Easter-themed weapon to be found, called “Pomlázka”.
- Resurrection day is upon us! Some NPCs that have died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.
- Fixed problems with the “Mightier than the Sword” quest related to the scribe.
- Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.
- Fixed save issue for the “House of God” quest.
- Another 200 major bugs fixed
Free DLC – HD Texture and Audio Pack
As a special treat, we’re releasing the first free DLC – HD Texture & Audio Pack for PC which together enhance the visual and audio experience of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. HD Textures boost the overall graphics of Kingdom Come: Deliverance to create an ever more lifelike look at 1403 Bohemia. HD Audio is available for all three voiceover languages (English, German and French) and enhances all in game voiceovers and sounds.
- Kingdom Come Deliverance Review: Realistic Skyrim?
- Mod Improves Performance For Kingdom Come Deliverance
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Gets a Lightsabers Mod
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Sells 1 Million Copies