Warhorse Studios released a new patch for Kingdom Come Deliverance just an hour ago. This patch addresses some major issues of the RPG including the save system. The game now lets you save on exiting the game.
Kingdom Come Deliverance is an adventure that banks on realism to improve immersion drastically. However, this makes the game significantly more harder and complicated than most RPGs. While the game got favorable reviews, it was criticized by many for trading enjoyment for realism.
Warhorse studios has been keen on fixing the more glaring issues like the bugs, performance and the gameplay spoiling features via a series of patch (s). The most prominent one is the save system.
In Kingdom Come Deliverance, you need a food item called “Savoir Snapps” to save your game. There is already a mod out on NexusMods to fix this, but now the devs have added a save and exit feature.
The second main change is to the lock-picking mini-game. The lock-picking, as per the devs has been made “significantly easier” for easy and very easy locks when using controllers. Pick-pocketing has also been made more convenient.
The patch also brings performance improvements to Kingdom Come Deliverance, including better texture streaming, reduced stuttering and better V-sync support. However, end game abilities and scaling have also been toned down (bummer), and a couple of combat exploits have been fixed.
Some quality of life changes are included the patch as well. Guards won’t frisk you as often, your horse “shouldn’t” get stuck while jumping fences, you can sleep in a bed without sitting down first. The alchemy bench will “no longer shoot you into the air”.
Kingdom Come Deliverance released on the PC, Xbox One and PS4 on 13rd Feb. The RPG was a mess with numerous bugs and performance issues. It’s good to see that the devs have stayed true to their word. Read our review here.
Patch 1.3 notes:
- The game now has Save and Exit feature.
- Saving is much more robust and saves won’t get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
- Performance improved
- LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
- Stuttering in some areas reduced.
- Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
- Improved lockpicking
- New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
- Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
- Improved pickpocketing
- You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
- The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
- Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
- The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
- Guards won’t frisk you so often.
- Your horse shouldn’t get stuck when jumping fences.
- Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
- You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
- You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
- Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
- Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
- Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
- Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
- You can no longer autocook potions that you haven’t brewed by hand at least once before.
- German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
- Late game player strength tweaked
- Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
- Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
- It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they’re helmetless. Stupid Runt…)
- Other combat system tweaks
- “Untargeted attack” exploit fixed.
- Enemy combat archery AI improved.
- Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
- And many other minor tweaks.
- (PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
- (PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
- (PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
- And over 300 other fixes in various quests.
- Turkish subtitles added.