Apple’s first event in 2021 literally reminded me of how much more Apple is than just the iPhone. The new iPad Pro is here and I am still picking up my jaw from the floor. Let me tell you why.
M1 iPad Pro is Bonkers!
The M1 powered iPad Pro is here, after huge anticipation and I will cut to the chase.
- Design: The leaks have come super close this time. The iPad Pro retains the slab-like industrial design and the aluminium construction looks very good. The rear camera housing looks similar to the iPhone Pro models only here the 3rd camera has been replaced by the LiDAR scanner. Unlike the new iMac, the iPad Pro for 2021 sticks to an understated palette of colours.
- Performance: This is where the big guns are at. The iPad Pro is now powered by the M1 chipset that has rocked the computing world since its launch. By plonking the beast of a chip into the iPad Pro, Apple has taken the game further than ever. M1 inside the iPad Pro means it’s a legitimate PC killer with the 8-core CPU and GPU delivering up to 50% and 40% more performance than last years A12z Bionic.
The new iPad Pros now get 8GB of RAM on variants up to 512GB and 16GB of RAM on 1TB & 2TB variants. With claimed 2x faster storage and M1 chipset, the iPad Pro is a powerhouse.
- Display: Now there are 2 sizes on the iPad Pro like always — 11″ and 12.9″. The 11″ is relatively mellow with Liquid Retina Pro Motion display measuring at 2388×1668 at 264 PPI. The True Tone display supports P3 wide colour gamut and comes with an anti-reflective coating and glows up to 600 nits in brightness.
The real gem is however in the under the glass of the 12.9″ iPad Pro. The new 12.9″ iPad Pro gets the Liquid Retina XDR display with the rumoured mini-LED display that contains 10,000+ individual LEDs to produce up to 1000 nits of screen-wide brightness and 1600 nits of peak brightness, all while retaining 1 million-to-1 contrast ratio just like the Pro Display XDR.
- Camera: The camera system includes 2 sensors include a 12MP wide camera with an f/1.8 lens and a 10MP ultra-wide with an f/2.4 lens and a 125° field of view. The camera system takes notes from the iPhone 12 line up and benefits from a strop ISP integrated into the M1 chip.
- Connectivity: The iPad Pro gets a full host of features to keep you connected including 5G. The iPad Pro also comes with Thunderbolt/USB 4 allows connections up to 40GBps and up to 10GBps of an ethernet connection. This option also enables up 6K display connection and faster external storage. M1 powered iPad Pro features WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 6.
Apple claims that the M1 powered iPad Pro to get you 10 hours of battery life on WiFi and 9 hours of battery life on WiFi+Cellular models. The iPad Pro will come with iPadOS 14 out of the box as well as a 20W power brick!
- iPad Pro 2021 11″ Pricing:
128GB (WiFi): Rs. 71,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 85,900
256GB (WiFi): Rs. 80,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 94,900
512GB (WiFi): Rs. 98,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,12,900
1TB (WiFi): Rs. 1,34,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,48,900
2TB (WiFi): Rs. 1,70,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,84,900
- iPad Pro 2021 12.9″ Pricing:
128GB (WiFi): Rs. 99,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,13,900
256GB (WiFi): Rs. 1,08,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,22,900
512GB (WiFi): Rs. 1,26,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,40,900
1TB (WiFi): Rs. 1,62,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 1,76,900
2TB (WiFi): Rs. 1,98,900; (WiFi + Cellular): Rs. 2,12,900