Final Fantasy XV will soon be making its way to PC on March 6th, 2018. The re-release will be titled as Windows Edition and will include all the DLC released for the base game so far. The re-release will also be making its way to PS4 and Xbox One as Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition.
While earlier reports had pegged this game to be a monster in terms of spec requirements, thankfully the reality is of it is much more manageable. Take a look below to see what kind tech you’ll need to run this massive JRPG:
The minimum specs needed to run this game at a 720p resolution include an R9 280 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, an Intel Core i5-2500 or AMD FX-6100 CPU and 8GB of RAM. Recommended for playing at 1080p include a GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of VRAM or an AMD RX 480, an Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-8350 and 16GB of RAM.
To play at 4K with HDR you’ll need a GeForce 1080 Ti with an Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X.
Final Fantasy XV was released worldwide on November 29th, 2016 for PS4 and Xbox One. The game received a favorable reception from most critics and fans with it currently sitting at 81% for PS4 and 83% for Xbox One on Metacritic. It was also the franchise’s biggest launch to date and has since shipped over 5 million copies.
A host of new content will be included in this re-release as detailed below:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
Final Fantasy XV will be available on Steam, Windows Store and Origin for $49.99.