Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Protoculture Games announced that Devil Engine, a 2D side-scrolling bullet hell, will be launching for the Nintendo Switch and PC on the 21st of February.
The game was also set to launch for the PlayStation 4 but the developer has stated its release will be delayed “due to difficulties working with Sony”.
Check out the game’s launch trailer below:
And an overview of the title, via its Steam page:
A last ditch effort to destroy what was once to be our savior. A final mission to eliminate a disastrous future. A single ship against Earth’s entire military. The Andraste is the only hope to defeat…the Devil Engine.
Devil Engine is a high octane, classic styled side scrolling shoot-em-up heavily influenced by the best in the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, hand drawn pixel art, and a blood-pumping soundtrack that brings the dark future to life.
- Use 3 shot types with unique bombs to destroy everything in your path.
- Build a point multiplying combo with careful play and expend it with a bullet absorbing burst.
- Compete across 8 game modes for score supremacy.
- Leave a wave of carnage across 6 incredibly detailed stages.
- Points aren’t just for collecting! Spend your accumulated points to
unlock in-gameshaders, additional music, stages andplayable ships.
pulse poundingmusic tracks composed by famed shmup composer Hyakutarou Tsukumo.