When it comes to leaks, Assassin’s Creed is no stranger. Ubisoft’s signature franchise has been going steady for a decade now, with the last 2 being leaked way too early. Last year’s Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was leaked quite extensively, and now we might know what the next installment will be called. The latest Assassin’s Creed leak points to the title being called Legion.
As has been heavily speculated, the game will be set in Ancient Rome, at least according to the rumors. Here is all the leaked info on the story, setting and gameplay:
- Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen.
- Set in Italy at the end of the reign of Marcus Aurelius and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors.
- Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendant of characters from Origins and Odyssey.
- Unclear which is canon, but like Odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
- Made by Ubisoft Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
- The main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
- The map is mainland Italy and a small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
- Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things.
Keep in mind though that these are just rumors. As pointed out by this Reddit user, almost every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II has been leaked before its released. While you should always take an Assassin’s Creed leak with a grain of salt, historically these have been proved right more often than not.
According to the leak, the protagonist will be an Aya and Bayek descendant. The user also suggests that the game will have flashbacks to Aya & Bayek in Rome, similar to those in Revelations. The leak also suggests that Kassandra may be in the game or at the very least be related to the protagonist. Will be set in the Italian peninsula and be fanservice story similar to Rogue (tied to Black Flag, AC3 and Unity, bits of previous games too).
When it comes to gameplay, it seems like Ubisoft may be trying to merge the old and the new system as present in the games pre and post-Origins. If there’s one complaint that the fans have had over these new games, it’s the lack of a clear narrative thread. Assassin’s Creed Legion, or whatever it might end up being called, might be the connective tissue to this “Ancient trilogy” as the fans are calling it.
Assassin’s Creed Legion is slated to release in 2020 for the current-gen and possibly the next-gen consoles.