In recent years, Acer has definitely proved itself capable of delivering high-end premium quality products through its Predator line-up. But now, the company is looking to enter a more niche market of dual-processor workstations through its new ConceptD family of products. The ConceptD product line-up is primarily geared towards content creators and engineers. The initial line-up of ConceptD products includes:
- Two desktop workstations
- Three mobile workstations
- Two professional monitors,
- Windows Mixed Reality headset
- The portfolio of desktop ConceptD machines includes the ConceptD 900 workstation powered by two Intel Xeon Gold 6148 processors with up to 192GB of DDR4 as well as ConceptD 500 powered by Intel Core i9-9900K with up to 64 GB of DDR4.
- Both PCs use Nvidia’s Quadro RTX 4000 or Quadro RTX 6000 professional graphics card.
- The 15.6-inch ConceptD 5 is powered by Intel’s Core i7 ‘Kaby Lake-G’ CPU alongside AMD’s Radeon RX Vega M GL. It is also the thinnest and lightest laptop from the ConceptD laptop family and specifically targeted at those who work on the go. It also has Windows Hello-certified fingerprint reader for biometric authentication.
- The 15.6-inch ConceptD 7 is powered by Intel’s 9th Gen Core i7 CPU accompanied by Nvidia’s Geforce RTX 2080 GPU in Max-Q configuration. The laptop offers a great balance between power and portability as it weighs just 2.1 kilograms.
- The convertible 17.3-inch ConceptD 9 is at the top of the food-chain in the ConceptD laptop family. It is powered by Intel’s 9th Gen Core i9 accompanied by Nvidia’s Geforce RTX 2080.
The highlight feature of all the ConceptD laptops is their color accurate IPS displays that boast a resolution of 3840×2160.
- The 27-inch CP7271K is a 4K monitor with 144Hz refresh rate along with Nvidia’s G-sync Ultimate. This makes it one of the world’s first professional monitor featuring a 144 Hz refresh rate.
- The 32-inch CP321K is a 4K LCD that uses a Mini LED-based FALD backlighting with 1152 local dimming zones and thus delivering ultimate contrast ratio. This particular monitor is primarily aimed at DCC specialists.
- Both the monitors have a color accuracy of Delta E<1 and carry a VESA’s DisplayHDR 1000 badge which means both these monitors are capable of hitting a peak brightness of 1000 nits.
- The Acer ConceptD Ojo Windows Mixed Reality is an AR/VR headset featuring two 2.89-inch screens with a resolution of 2160×2160 per eye(4320×2160 combined) and a 90 Hz refresh rate.
- The AR/VR headset also features an integrated inside-out 6DoF (6-degree-of-freedom) positional tracking and hence it does not require any external sensors.
- It also has two front facing cameras for augmented reality applications and its own audio headset.